Our client is one of the largest media companies of the Benelux. Besides newspapers and magazines, several online platforms are part of this organization. This organization has a strong focus on these online services, where they have a strong variety of data. The possibilities to explore and analyze this data and to develop data-driven solutions are endless.
Within the organization people have a good work ethic. Colleagues are ambitious and set high goals. In addition, having fun together is considered vital and everyone enjoys working together. The culture within the organization is very open, and everyone has the freedom and space to be themselves.
What will you do?
It’s your job to expand and leverage the current platform, collect additional requirements and see how existing cloud-based systems and pipelines can be optimally used to meet the needs of the brands.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Being an authoritative leader in data engineering, where you join forces with specialists in data science, analytics and business intelligence, further strengthening and extending the data team.
- Designing, deploying, operating and refining the cloud-based data infrastructure with a high degree of autonomy: your vision and input will shape the data products we deliver.
- Aligning the data engineering activities between the organisation and Online Services, which also means challenging existing solutions and working closely together with the data teams of the organisation.
- Mentoring junior engineers within the brands and your team.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies through courses and conferences.
- The technologies that they use: dbt, SQL, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Terraform & AWS, but they are always evolving their tech stack.
What will you get?
- A maximum year salary of 90 000 euro (based on knowledge and experience);
- 36-hour workweek;
- 12% personal choice budget (of which 8% is holiday allowance);
- Participation in the profit sharing arrangement;
- Personal development opportunities such as education, training and certificates;
- Working with the latest stack;
- Knowledge sharing with tech colleagues.
Who are you?
To further develop their data infrastructure, they need someone who actively seeks collaboration. You like to pioneer, make decisions and provide advice in architecture, technologies and engineering practices. It's also a prerequisite to have:
- 4+ years of work experience as a data engineer.
- Proven experience with designing and building complex cloud-based data solutions in an agile environment.
- Work experience with most of their stack or similar technology: dbt, SQL, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Terraform.
- Experience with AWS services and infrastructure as well as best practices in software development (coding standards, Git, CI/CD, infrastructure as code).