Senior/Lead Data Scientist
Our client is the market leader in the Netherlands in the field of energy and gas supply: millions of Dutch consumers and entrepreneurs have committed themselves to this organization. The organization's central goal is to make the Netherlands more sustainable, and they are also active in the market under other brands to create impact for their customers. In this way the organization brings cheap, sustainable energy solutions within reach for everyone.
Your team consists of a composition of different data specialists, with different focus areas. These include Data Analytics, Data Science, Database Marketing and Data Stewardship. Although the data engineers are located in the IT department, you will work closely together with them in a scrum team.
What will you be working on?
Together with other Data Scientists and Machine Learning (ML) Engineers you will develop and deploy high impact data solutions, including sophisticated ML models, natural language processing, advanced demand forecasting, network analysis, advanced segmentation and anomaly detection. You initiate and lead impactful data science projects. As a true analytics translator you speak the business' language and understand their (latent) needs. As a translator you help form the data driven transition from within. You take a leading role in the Data Analysts and Data Scientists communities. Combining your deep technical expertise and open personality you mentor colleague data scientists
In addition, as a Data Scientist you have an important advisory role to various business stakeholders. You use your expertise to link opportunities to the right Data Science solutions: in this way you are optimally engaged in creating value for the organization. At the same time, your communication skills come in handy here, as you keep the business stakeholders informed throughout the process and guide them in it.
Based on your expertise, you get the space to proactively look for potential optimizations and challenges and you have the freedom to propose solutions for more effective decision-making. Innovation also plays an important role in this: you keep working with new technologies in the field of AI and Machine Learning.
The Senior Data Scientist can have a role of Competence Lead. In this role you can be delegated on behalf of the manager C+ Data & Analytics Manager to perform people and performance management tasks, and coach a group of peers. This role also brings the responsibility to set-up and steer a Data Science Community
What they offer
- A varied job and a dynamic work environment in the field of technology with complex stakeholder management;
- Working for one of the largest energy suppliers in the Netherlands with an impact on sustainability;
- A salary of max 90.000 euro gross per year, depending on your knowledge and experience;
- Work at one of the biggest energy suppliers of the Netherlands with an environmental impact;
- Work within an organization with an open and casual culture;
- A permanent contract;
- Including an end-of-year bonus or bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- Hybrid work environment, including an work from home compensation;
- A NS business card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A discount on their products;
Who are you?
- You have 7+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Scientist;
- You have a master or PhD degree in a qualitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Social Science or something similar;
- You have enough basic content knowledge to be able to talk at a level with data, cloud, machine learning, and DevOps engineers;
- You are experienced in developing and deploying on cloud Machine Learning productionalization platforms;
- You are proficient in Python or R;
- You can communicate effectively with the business;
- You are able to take the lead in complex projects.